Audience: Executives, managers, professionals, supervisors
Method: Online or in-person
Duration: 4 hours
Changes are inevitable. They occur daily and sometimes unexpectedly in today’s dynamic business climate. Some are small—a meeting moves or a customer adjusts his order—while others are monumental—an employee joins the team or is laid off, a department’s goals shift or a company merges with another. Whether big or small, change can cause apprehension, but it doesn’t have to be a negative experience.
This course is designed to provide participants information and practice in understanding, planning for, addressing and leveraging change in the workplace using change management skills. The class will focus on the human aspect of change and helping others to better understand and manage transitions. This interactive session will address the many layers of change and introduce some tools and techniques to better handle the inevitable shifts that will happen in your work and personal life.
In this course, participants will:
- Explore the benefits that change can bring for improved performance
- Discover how to “capture” the benefits of change by mitigating the negative impacts and leveraging the positive attributes
- Learn to decipher what causes changes (the drivers)
- Discover how to effectively handle change and even seek it out
- Explore how to become a change agent who can help others grow and develop