Audience: Executives, Managers, Professionals, Supervisors
Duration: 8 weeks
Organizations are gathering and storing massive amounts of data, from individual medical records to airline passenger profiles. Faster computers and algorithms have becomes available to visualize and transform this data into information for improved decision making. Specifically, this ability allows organizations to fully tap into these capabilities to glean valuable insights, patterns and trends. Deployment of predictive analytics allows organizations to predict future outcomes by studying the relationships among variables from existing data. This course discusses the process of developing, evaluating and deploying predictive models in an application-oriented environment. The applied course uses extensive examples, readings and hands-on exercises to reinforce the concepts.
- Exhibit disciplinary knowledge in business intelligence and analytics
- Think critically to aid decision making
- Communicate professionally
- Commit to action that demonstrates care for others
- Exhibit personal habits consistent with leadership formation