course: Project Management Professional (PMP®) EXAM PREP
Audience: Experienced project managers seeking the PMP® credential, and new project managers seeking the CAPM® Credential
Method: In-person instructor-led
Length: 4 days
PMP is an internationally recognized certification that demonstrates competence in leading and directing programs, project portfolios and project teams. Our PMI PMP® & CAPM® Credential examination preparation course walks participants through application of the ten knowledge areas and the five process groups included on the exam. A simulated exam setting familiarizes students with the testing process. This course fulfills the PMI project management education requirements to take the exam. The course instructor is PMP credentialed and a practicing program, portfolio and project manager.
Class offered at an accessible downtown Omaha location with convenient class times.
The PMP Exam Prep Course is an intensive, accelerated 4-day course that prepares students for both the PMI PMP®& CAPM® Credential exams. It offers:
- Live practice exams
- Exam taking tips
- Instruction from an experienced practicing project manager and a PMI PMP® professional
- Case based scenarios and discussions to improve your retention and comprehension of the ten knowledge areas and five project processes
Experienced project managers & the PMP® credential:
- Increase comprehension of project processes
- Improve analysis clarity in stakeholder and risk management
- Assess project risk and complexity to select effective level of project management effort
- Apply rigorous estimating, measuring and monitoring methods that fit project risk and complexity
- Produce more robust project plans with higher success rates of completing on time and on budget
- Gain credibility with employers and maximize your earning potential
- Increase pass rates on the exam and have their project experience evaluated by independent review
- Appreciate integration responsibility and personal integrity required in project management
New graduates and new project managers & the CAPM® Credential:
- Recognize the overlapping processes in projects
- Access and apply appropriate tools to the projects
- Appreciate the management of projects - getting things done through and with other people
- Acquire the required formalized training for project management introduction
- Crosswinds Learning packet, including book, maps and flip cards
- Access to on-line materials for additional study, including audio files, practice exams and supplemental materials (requires completed registration requirements for secured access)
- Live instructor led sessions and asynchronous instructor access for questions and help between class sessions
- Guidance and information on registering for the exam and what to expect during the exam
- Extended access, on request, to the on-line study materials
This is the only instructor-led PMP course with a rich, on-line hybrid resource and convenient schedule available in the metropolitan area.
If you take the class for graduate credit, see the additional benefits you will receive.
- Ability to check out books & media at Creighton libraries
- Access to technology resources and support – “Blueline”( the on-line learning management system), on-line grades, accounts and 1098T access, webex conferencing capabilities and information technology 24/7 “Do-IT” support
- Ability to get 50% off room rentals in the Harper and Skutt facilities through reservations
- One free admission to a Creighton home game (must show valid student ID)
- Access to Creighton Career Services
- Option to use “Jaybucks” that you load on to your Student ID card at area businesses
- Creighton Book Store
- Bucky’s express - 30th & Dodge
- CVS Pharmacy - 4840 Dodge & 1303 Cuming
- Mama’s Pizza - 715 Saddle Creek Road
- Noodles & Company – 203 S 72nd Street
- Old Mattress Factory Bar & Grill – 501 N 13th
- Red Mango 808 N 13th
- Rock Bottom Restaurant & Brewery – 11th & Harney
- Sam & Louie’s Pizza – 24th & Cuming
- Subway – 24th & Cuming
- Note: if you refer a student to the Graduate Business Programs and that student completes their first 3-credit course, you get $50 on in Jaybucks and the new student gets $250 in Jaybucks.
- Ability to access to recreation spaces with a discounted fee
- Part-time students do not have automatic access to the KFC or Rasmussen Center. However, memberships are available for purchase in the Campus Recreation main office (KFC 211) during business hours.
- Part-time students may purchase a monthly membership for $29 a month, or a day pass for $8. Additional services and programs are not included and are subject to an extra cost. Memberships are non-refundable.
- Additional benefits – certain businesses provide student discounts with presentation of a valid student ID.
- As an evening student, parking on campus is FREE.
The PMP Exam Prep is the Capstone course for the Certificate in Project Management.
Earn 35 PDU’s and 3 graduate credit hours towards the MBA available both online or live (for qualified & admitted graduate business candidates)
Individuals seeking PMP® or CAPM® credentialing:
Project Management Professional (PMP®)
- Secondary degree (high school diploma, associate’s degree or the global equivalent)
- At least five years of project management experience
- 7,500 hours leading and directing projects, and
- 35 hours of project management education
- A four-year degree (bachelor’s degree or the global equivalent)
- At least three years of project management experience
- 4,500 hours leading and directing projects
- 35 hours of project management education
Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM®)
- High school diploma
- 23 hours of approved project management training
Recommended preparation for both the CAPM® and PMP®
Check the PMI website for exam requirements and qualifications for PMP and CAPM®.
This PMI PMP® & CAPM® Credential examination preparation course is conveniently located at the Heider College of Business on the Creighton University campus. To help establish your exam target date and plan efficiently, be aware that the PMI examinations are updated to the FIFTH edition.