course: PMP® EXAM PREP
Audience: Experienced project managers seeking the PMP® credential, and new project managers seeking the CAPM® Credential
Method: In-person instructor-led
Length: 4 days
The PMP® Credential
The Project Management Professional (PMP®) certification is one of the most sought after project management credentials in the business world today. As a globally-recognized certification with more than 800,000 credential-holders, it validates professional experience and knowledge of project management including understanding and application of the leading standard, the Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) that is administered by the Project Management Institute (PMI).
MBA 707 - PMP® Exam Prep is a comprehensive, four-day course designed to help participants prepare to take the PMP® exam by focusing on the ten knowledge areas, five process groups, and 49 processes that are found in the PMBOK® Guide (6th edition) along with other related information, processes, and tools and techniques. This course is not intended to introduce participants to fundamental project management concepts or topics, but is targeted at preparing experienced professionals to take the PMP® exam.
This course fulfills the PMI’s project management educational requirement of 35 contact hours required to take the exam. All course instructors are PMP®-credentialed and practitioners in program, portfolio, and/or project management. They have real world, contemporary experience and have been through the PMP® exam preparation and assessment processes themselves.
MBA 707 - PMP® Exam Prep is an accelerated, 4-day course that helps experienced project management professionals prepare for the PMP® credential exam. It offers:
- Instructor-led approach with facilitation from an experienced, practicing PMP® professional.
- Comprehensive coverage of the most current edition of the PMBOK® Guide, the 6th edition.
- Study guide with exercises, activities, and practice quizzes.
- Strategies to prepare and study for the PMP® exam.
- Test-taking pointers and tips tailored to the PMP® exam.
- Assistance with the application process including an interactive spreadsheet to calculate require experience hours.
- Learning tools, memory techniques, and study aids that can be used after the course concludes.
- Case-based scenarios and exercises to improve retention and comprehension.
- Access to a test bank of thousands of questions that are similar to the style, format, and topics that may be found on the PMP® exam.
- A proctored, final practice exam that mimics the actual PMP® exam of 200 questions within four hours.
- Online resources and opportunities for discussion with peers virtually via the Creighton University’s learning management system, Blueline.
- Assessment and follow-up after the course is completed.
Experienced project managers & the PMP® credential:
- Increase comprehension of project processes
- Improve analysis clarity in stakeholder and risk management
- Assess project risk and complexity to select effective level of project management effort
- Apply rigorous estimating, measuring and monitoring methods that fit project risk and complexity
- Produce more robust project plans with higher success rates of completing on time and on budget
- Gain credibility with employers and maximize your earning potential
- Increase pass rates on the exam and have their project experience evaluated by independent review
- Appreciate integration responsibility and personal integrity required in project management
New graduates and new project managers & the CAPM® Credential:
- Recognize the overlapping processes in projects
- Access and apply appropriate tools to the projects
- Appreciate the management of projects - getting things done through and with other people
- Acquire the required formalized training for project management introduction
- Crosswinds Learning packet, including book, maps and flip cards
- Access to on-line materials for additional study, including audio files, practice exams and supplemental materials (requires completed registration requirements for secured access)
- Live instructor led sessions and asynchronous instructor access for questions and help between class sessions
- Guidance and information on registering for the exam and what to expect during the exam
- Extended access, on request, to the on-line study materials
This is the only instructor-led PMP course with a rich, on-line hybrid resource and convenient schedule available in the metropolitan area.
If you take the class for graduate credit, see the additional benefits you will receive.
- Ability to check out books & media at Creighton libraries
- Access to technology resources and support – “Blueline”( the on-line learning management system), on-line grades, accounts and 1098T access, webex conferencing capabilities and information technology 24/7 “Do-IT” support
- Ability to get 50% off room rentals in the Harper and Skutt facilities through reservations
- One free admission to a Creighton home game (must show valid student ID)
- Access to Creighton Career Services
- Option to use “Jaybucks” that you load on to your Student ID card at area businesses
- Creighton Book Store
- Bucky’s express - 30th & Dodge
- CVS Pharmacy - 4840 Dodge & 1303 Cuming
- Mama’s Pizza - 715 Saddle Creek Road
- Noodles & Company – 203 S 72nd Street
- Old Mattress Factory Bar & Grill – 501 N 13th
- Red Mango 808 N 13th
- Rock Bottom Restaurant & Brewery – 11th & Harney
- Sam & Louie’s Pizza – 24th & Cuming
- Subway – 24th & Cuming
- Note: if you refer a student to the Graduate Business Programs and that student completes their first 3-credit course, you get $50 on in Jaybucks and the new student gets $250 in Jaybucks.
- Ability to access to recreation spaces with a discounted fee
- Part-time students do not have automatic access to the KFC or Rasmussen Center. However, memberships are available for purchase in the Campus Recreation main office (KFC 211) during business hours.
- Part-time students may purchase a monthly membership for $29 a month, or a day pass for $8. Additional services and programs are not included and are subject to an extra cost. Memberships are non-refundable.
- Additional benefits – certain businesses provide student discounts with presentation of a valid student ID.
- As an evening student, parking on campus is FREE.
The PMP Exam Prep is the Capstone course for the Certificate in Project Management.
Earn 35 PDU’s and 3 graduate credit hours towards the MBA available both online or live (for qualified & admitted graduate business candidates)
Individuals seeking PMP® or CAPM® credentialing:
Project Management Professional (PMP®)
MBA 707 is designed for experienced project managers who want to earn the leading project management credential today, which validates their experience and signifies understanding of project management standards, practices, and fundamentals. Although there are no prerequisites, this course is a graduate-level course with the following expectations and requirements:
- Previous experience managing projects or serving on project teams to include overseeing various aspects of a project lifecycle. Note: PMI requires a minimum of 4500 experience hours with a bachelor’s degree or 7500 experience hours without a degree to sit for the exam.
- A basic understanding of project management fundamentals including previous coursework that covers basic project management concepts and/or its various components. We recommend taking other fundamental project management courses at Creighton University such as MBA 501 and 502 before taking this course.
- Familiarity with the PMBOK® Guide and/or other project management standards and practices.
*PMI, PMP, and PMBOK are registered trademarks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.