Course: FUNDAMENTALS OF DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION INITIATIVES
Rapidly shifting local and national demographics, as well as continued globalization, mean that organizations must embrace diversity and inclusion not only as a means to enhance business performance but also as an enabler of innovation and collaboration. Participants in this interactive workshop will gain insight and skills for engaging employees in creating a safe and collaborative work environment in order to leverage diversity and inclusion as a competitive advantage.
After completion of this seminar, participants will be able to:
- Outline the business case for inclusion and diversity
- Describe how diversity goes beyond race, gender, age, and other observable differences
- Identify one’s own unconscious biases
- Describe intervention strategies when encountering situations of bias or discrimination
- Provide suggestions for increasing employee engagement and encouraging inclusion.