Emerging Leaders Certification
Audience: Managers, Professionals, Supervisors
Method: In-person Instructor-led course
Length: 5 days
Organizations understand that professionals armed with a sense of business acumen not only promote individual growth, but ultimately give their organization a competitive advantage. This program, complemented with perseverance and strategy, can ensure a successful and profitable future for the organization. The program will be delivered in a modular format and can be offered over a 5-day schedule. Each module will be facilitated by a different instructor/faculty member: one who is a subject matter expert in the topic being taught.
The Business Acumen for Emerging Leaders Certification program will be held 2-3 times annually with 20-25 participants attending each program offering. Each participant will be awarded 3 credit hours through Creighton University.
This is a series of ten workshops scheduled in sequence to satisfy the Business Acumen for Emerging Leaders Certification. Some outside reading and preparation is required.
- Leadership defined.
- Understand evidence-based models for effective leadership.
- What is the Mission of the organization and how well do you match up?
- Understand how organizational environment influences individual performance and decision making.
- Learn how to improve time management and workflow.
- Review marketing and sales within organization and basic concepts of marketing.
- Understand branding and its importance in successful messaging.
- Realize the impact of social marketing, Internet, and the media.
- Understand key relationships within Marketing.
- What are your Key Performance Indicators?
- Understand and assess the appropriate medium of communication.
- Learn the five steps of business writing.
- Write an effective email for the appropriate business context.
- Learn guidelines for writing well-developed paragraphs and clear, concise, correct sentences.
- Understanding how to communicate for results in your writing.
- Understand supply and demand of the business.
- Understand a firm’s profits and pricing.
- Review the fundamentals of a macro and micro economy.
- Learn why ROI is important to any organization.
- Understand the importance of organizational culture.
- Learn how to foster an environment of trust.
- Discover ways to achieve mutually beneficial results.
- Build cross functional, ad hoc or in-tact work teams for the overall success of the organization.
- Realize the adverse impact of behaviors associated with a “me” mentality.
- Understand how to foster a collaborative environment.
- Understand how to effectively use personal sources of power to influence others.
- Understand best practices for providing feedback and coaching.
- Diagnose employee motivation and plan to improve motivation.
- Learn ways to help change employee attitudes and performance.
- Learn risk management within finance.
- Understand the importance of capital planning within your organization.
- Work with annuities and investments.
- Understand what is being measured by a set of audited financial statements.
- Begin to read and comprehend a multiple-step income statement.
- Be introduced to a Statement of Comprehensive Income, a Statement of Stockholders’ Equity [or Statement of Retained Earnings], and a Statement of Cash Flows.
- Understanding how ethics, values, and leader integrity drive decision making.
- Learn the causes of moral failure.
- Identify the strategies for moral leadership.
- Learn ways of ‘staying in shape’ ethically speaking.