For businesses in virtually every industry, projects have become an important vehicle for achieving company goals, and more and more employees are being asked to lead or implement them. From meeting growing customer expectations to staying ahead of the latest competition, businesses today have a lot to accomplish, and efficiency is always key. As a result, companies are increasingly turning to projects, and there’s a huge demand for professionals who have the knowledge and skills to successfully manage those initiatives. Effective project management requires an understanding of project-specific tools and techniques as well as leadership skills, business acumen, problem-solving abilities and critical thinking.
Our courses teach participants how to lead cross-functional teams and deliver exceptional outcomes. You’ll find classes that cover the fundamentals of project management, and if you’re preparing for a specific certification exam, we have prep courses as well. Both new and experienced professionals can explore how to apply business acumen and project management tools and techniques to meet organizational strategic goals.
The courses offered through Creighton align with the industry-leading standard in project management, the Project Management Institute’s Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide). Classes are led by credentialed instructors who are actively engaged in the project management community and practitioners of the craft.
Professional Development Offerings
Managing Projects Badge
- Managing Projects, Part 1: Understanding the Fundamentals
- Managing Projects, Part 2: Applying the Fundamentals
Mastering Projects Badge
- Mastering Project Management: Real World Agile in Practice
- Mastering Projects: Advanced Topics, Tools and Techniques
Credentials through Project Management Institute
Credentials through Scrum Alliance
- Certified Scrum Product Owner® (CSPO™)
- Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM™)
- Advanced Certified ScrumMaster® (A-CSM™)
Credentials through Scaled Agile Framework®
Project Management Fundamentals
To add breadth and depth to your project management knowledge, you can take multiple courses to earn a graduate certificate in project management from Creighton University.
Badges in Project Management earn credit toward a MBA or MS-BIA. A Graduate Certificate in Project Management is earned by completing the Badge requirements and any two of the following courses for a total of 15 credits toward a MBA or MS-BIA:
- MBA 771 - Leadership and Organizational Behavior
- BIA 782 - Data Base Management Systems
- BIA 787 - Business Process Management
- MBA 776- Business, Ethics & Society
- CBI 505 - Introduction to Executive Leadership
- CBI 506 - Advanced Executive Leadership
- CBI 515 - Business Operations - Technical Focus
- CBI 516 - Advanced Executive Operations