Executive Fellowship in Healthcare Management
For the experienced healthcare professional who desires a condensed, yet broad and comprehensive overview of the business of healthcare, the Heider College of Business at Creighton University offers an Executive Fellowship in Healthcare Management. In just six months, participants will come away with valuable tools and insights necessary to succeed as a leader in healthcare while earning six graduate credit hours and 72 accredited CME hours.
The Ideal Fellowship Candidate
The Executive Fellowship in Healthcare Management is best suited for experienced physicians or other advanced clinicians, mid-career healthcare executives, or healthcare entrepreneurs who wish to expand their knowledge of the business of healthcare to advance their career, refresh their knowledge base with current information and industry trends, or manage a private practice or other healthcare business endeavor.
This rich six month-long fellowship experience will be presented in a convenient, hybrid format of both in-person and online learning. Participants will be grouped with a cohort of peers with whom they will forge new personal and professional networks to last beyond the completion of the program.
- Sixteen weeks of online learning modules
- Three, three-day on campus residencies
- 6 credit hours and 72 accredited CME hours
Expansive Curriculum Topics
- Executive Leadership | Organizational Behavior
- Leading Self – HBDI 360 Leadership Assessment
- Leading Others – Ignatian Leadership Principles
- The Environment of Healthcare
- Healthcare Strategy
- Project Management
- Quality and Performance Improvement
- Evidence Based Decision Making
- Change Management
- Healthcare Finance
- Health Law
- Business and Clinical Ethics
- Healthcare Policy
- Conflict Resolution
- Marketing | Patient Experience
- Healthcare Technology & Innovation
- Human Resources Management
- Implicit Bias
- Data Analytics
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and/or terminal degree with 3.0 GPA or higher
- At least five years of management experience or clinical practice in a healthcare organization preferred
- Official transcripts from all educational institutions attended
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- Personal statement. See application for specific requirements
- Three letters of recommendation from persons other than friends or family members who can speak to your performance in an academic or professional setting
Tuition & Scholarships
- This six-month program costs $15,000 total.
- Upon successful completion of the program, students earn six graduate credit hours and 72 accredited CE | CME hours.
- This fee includes all tuition, class materials, software, textbooks, most meals during residencies, leadership assessment tools, executive coaching sessions, University fee and University technology fee.
Program Start Date
2020 Cohort Dates
January 13, 14, 15
March 16, 17, 18
May 18, 19, 20