Established in fall 2016, this one-day conference helps female physicians, advanced practice clinicians and healthcare professionals to be engaged leaders and expand their business acumen while providing an opportunity for networking with peers. Featured speakers for 2018 will include:
- Archana Chatterjee, MD – Senior Associate Dean of Faculty Development at University of South Dakota’s Sanford School of Medicine
- Anna Brewer – Former FBI agent specializing in human trafficking cases
- Leah Georges, PhD – Assistant Professor of Interdisciplinary Studies
- Ashli Brehm – Cancer survivor and blogger featured in several publications including The Washington Post
Creighton University Heider College of Business
Creighton University Office of Continuing Education
Physicians, Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners, Nurses, Pharmacists, Non-Clinician Healthcare Leaders, Fellows, Residents, and Students
This program seeks to close the professional gap by providing participants with teaching about insustry best practices, evidence-based guidelines, and current research that equips and informs their practice as clinicians and healthcare leaders.
- Discuss three “Total Leadership” principles - being real, being whole, being innovative
- Review Aligning Values with Actions by taking the four-way view - work, home, community, self
- Explore designing an experiment intended to produce a “Four-Way Win”
- Review peer coaching and its impact on accountability
- Cite evidence based data on the impact of a multi-generational workforce
- Recognize communication preferences of multiple generations and their impact on workplace relationships
- Identify warning signs in order to recognize a child, teen, or adult who is possibly the victim of human trafficking
- Discuss effective interventions to deploy in the healthcare delivery environment if you encounter a possible victim of human trafficking.
- Explain the emotional toll that human trafficking intervention takes on healthcare workers
- Acquire tools and resources to increase your resilience in times of stress, adversity, and change
- Recognize the value of humor in times of stress and adversity, as a tool for coping and nurturing emotional well-being
Welcome – Opening remarks – Invocation
Morning keynote – Life-Work Integration: An Essential Competency in Academic Medicine
Archana Chatterjee, MD, PhD
Morning session – Human Trafficking
Luncheon keynote – Navigating the Multigenerational Workplace
Leah Georges, PhD
Generations in the Workplace Round Table
Afternoon session – When Life Gives you Lemons Put Them in Your Bra
Courage in the Mess Round Table
5 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Creighton University Health Sciences Continuing Education designates this live activity for a maximum of 6.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
AAPA accepts AMA category 1 credit for the PRA from organizations accredited by ACCME.
Creighton University Health Sciences Continuing Education designates this activity for 6.5 contact hours for nurses. Nurses should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Creighton University Health Sciences Continuing Education (HSCE) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) as a provider of continuing pharmacy education (CPE). The Third Annual Women in Healthcare Symposium is accredited for 6.5 hours for completion of all CE Sessions on November 1, 2018. The Third Annual Women in Healthcare Symposium is a knowledge-based activity.
In support of improving patient care, Creighton University Health Sciences Continuing Education is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Register online by October 29th.
Early bird registration through Sept. 16: $99, with price increase to $149 thereafter.
Student registration: $59