The 2021 Esophageal Symposium will provide practitioners with the most recent advances and information that will enhance knowledge, skills, and performance in the evaluation and treatment of gastro-esophageal reflux diseases.
The conference will include various topics including GERD, primary intervention for GERD, achalasia, complex GERD patients, paraesophageal hernias, and Barrett’s esophagus.
The Esophageal Symposium will be offered live at the Creighton University Phoenix Health Science Campus or Online.
Jointly Provided By
Dignity Health Norton Thoracic Institute
Creighton University Health Sciences Continuing Education
Physicians, Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners, Nurses, Fellows, and Residents
- Understand current concepts in pathophysiology of GERD
- Conceptualize pathophysiology of GERD
- Understand medical management of GERD
- Compare and contrast endoscopic and surgical treatment for GERD
- Define the diagnosis and treatment for achalasia
- Explain the management of eosinophilic esophagitis
- Understand management of failed fundoplication patient
- Delineate complexity of GERD in obese patients
- Describe the role of screening and risk stratification of Barrett’s Esophagus
- List options for BE ablation
- Conceptualize technical aspects of paraesophageal hernias repair
Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners, Nurses: $100
Fellows, Residents, and Full-Time Students: $0