This program is designed to provide current information related to emergency medicine and evidence based practice recommendations to improve patient outcomes for healthcare professionals.
Physicians, Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners, Nurses, EMS Personnel, Public Health Professionals, Fellows, Residents, Students and Other Interested Healthcare Providers
Jointly Provided By
CHI Health Good Samaritan
Creighton University Office of Continuing Education
- Define components of Start Triage.
- Describe lessons learned from a Community Full Scale Active Shooter Exercise.
- Describe common orthopedic emergencies.
- Discuss immediate evaluation and treatment of orthopedic emergencies.
- Identify what’s new in stroke treatment.
- Discuss the Nebraska Stroke Advisory Board.
- Highlight unusual presentations of stroke through case studies.
- Understand the types of trauma affecting the patient
- Recognize the effect of trauma on current coping resources.
- Reflect on managing triggers that arise from trauma.
- Describe current trends in pain management.
- Discuss best-practices in pain management.
- Identify proper modalities for opioid and non-opioid analgesia.
- Discuss neuro-vascular emergencies.
- Explore treatment of stroke and traumatic vascular emergencies.
Registration, Breakfast and Visit Exhibits
Welcome and Program Overview
Current Trends in Pain Management
Burt McKeag, MD
Danielle Wooldrik, DO, CAQSM
Break and Visit Exhibits
Neurological emergencies in the ER
Pamela Palmer, MSN, RN, APRN, FNP-C, CCRN
Vishal B. Jani, MD
Lunch and Visit Exhibits
Trauma Informed Care
Kristy Farley, BSN, RN
Break and Visit Exhibits
Shoes and radios…Lessons learned from Disasters and Drills
Matt Walter NREMT-P
Renae Jacobson, BSN, RN, CCRN
Closing and Evaluation
Creighton University Health Sciences Continuing Education designates this live activity for a maximum of 6.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s) TM. Physicians should claim only credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
AAPA accepts AMA category 1 credit for the PRA from organizations accredited by ACCME.
Creighton University Health Sciences Continuing Education designates this activity for 6.5 contact hours for nurses. Nurses should claim only credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This educational activity has been approved for up to 6.5 continuing education hours for all levels of EMS personnel through Creighton University.
In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by Creighton University Health Sciences Continuing Education and CHI Health Good Samaritan. Creighton University Health Sciences Continuing Education (HSCE) is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Kyle Rupp DO; Renae Jacobson, BSN, RN, CCRN; Kristine Hughbanks, MSN, RN; Colin Dworak; Cindy Blankenship, MSN, RN; Stephanie Leonard, MSN, RN; Matt Walter, NREMT-P; Sue Jepsen, MSN, RN, CEN
CHI Health Employee: $65
Non-CHI Health Employee: $90
Handouts: Handouts are available via a link sent to your email address one week prior. Participants can print or follow along on a mobile device. There will be no handout available at the conference.
Cancellation: Please call 402.280.1830 by Monday, September 2 to cancel. No refund after Monday, September 2.